Monday 18 June 2012

Silk Paper Workshop at Contemporary Craft Fair

At the Contemporary Craft Fair in Bovey Tracy, workshoppers came to learn how to make silk paper.  They were each given a goody bag containing silk fibres in a range of colours as well as carded sari silk.  Happily they spent the morning creating pieces of silk paper to take home to use in their textile projects.  While busy creating they made new friends, and talked about grandchildren, craft fairs, scrapstores and the various merits of playparks... amongst other subjects...

adding glurp to the silk fibres

workshoppers busy laying out silk fibres


worshopper teasing out silk fibres



close up of silk fibres - this is carded sari silk teased and laid out in two layers

silk fibres laid out ready for glurp to be added



more free workshops at Newton Abbot Adult and Community Learning Centre - see the workshop page for details

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Just to answer your question. I decided to dry the paper flat rather than form it over some jam jars as I couldn't work out how I would get the plastic off when it was dry. So what I am thinking of, is using the paper to make an origami vessel for the tea lights. I can always add beads and stitch into it after. When I finally get around to doing it I'll send you a picture! Looking forward to seeing you on the felt making workshop. If you want blogging tips just send me an email and I'll tell you what little I know! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete